Welcome to 2354 NW Roosevelt, built as one of the World’s Fair cottages showing an example of the new-age, modern home design for 1904. Fast forward 115 years and the neighborhood has grown and expanded. There’s an exciting potential Slabtown expansion, bringing the street car up to this part of the neighborhood all the way to the foot of Forest Park. This property is zoned IG1, General Industrial with light industrial usage allowed — think about a mixed – use art studio or home business. In the revitalized NOVA (north of Vaughn) neighborhood, you can live, work, and play in an area rich in history and affordable in price.
The property retains many of the original architectural details, inside and out; Victorian millwork, high ceilings, original newel post and balustrades on the staircase, intricate hardware. Thoughtful touches have been made echoing the quality artisan details used at the turn of the Century.
Outdoor spaces include an inviting covered front porch and a fenced back patio off the kitchen.
Steps away to NW 23rd Avenue and walking distance to Slabtown, the Pearl District and the Thurman Corridor with convenient freeway access.
- 2,111 Total SF (Approx.)
- 2 Bedrooms & 2 Full bathrooms—bath in basement may not be permitted
- Forced air gas heat
- Taxes $3,839
- Unfinished, heated basement ideal for storage
- Recent updates: Exterior paint & roof replaced approximately 5 years ago, many windows updated with Marvin triple-paned windows.
- Detached storage shed and lots of extra storage cupboards under the house
- Chapman, West Sylvan and Lincoln Schools
- IG1 Zoning –Grandfathered as residence, buyer to verify use